This is the Windows app named Spaceship Generator whose latest release can be downloaded as Version1.1.3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Spaceship Generator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A Blender script to procedurally generate 3D spaceships from a random seed. Install Blender 2.80 or greater. Download newest add_mesh_SpaceshipGenerator.zip from the Releases section. Under Edit, Preferences, Add-ons, Install, open the downloaded ZIP file. Under Edit, Preferences, Add-ons enable the "Add Mesh Spaceship Generator" script (search for "spaceship"). Add a spaceship in the 3D View under Add, Mesh, Spaceship. Expand the Spaceship tab that appears in the bottom left of the viewport to adjust procedural generation settings. Build the hull. Extrude the front/rear faces several times, adding random translation/scaling/rotation along the way. Add asymmetry to the hull: Pick random faces and extrude them out in a similar manner, reducing in scale each time. Categorize each face by its orientation and generate details on it such as engines, antenna, weapon turrets, lights etc.
- Start with a box
- Apply horizontal symmetry
- Add a Bevel modifier to angularize the shape a bit
- Apply materials to the final result
- Take over the universe with your new infinite fleet of spaceships
- Add detail to the hull
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/spaceship-generator.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.