This is the Windows app named SpatGRIS3 whose latest release can be downloaded as ControlGRISOSC182.json.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SpatGRIS3 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
UPDATE (August 1st, 2021).
SpatGRIS3 is here! 100% compatible with Catalina and Big Sur.
• SpatGRIS3 uses BlackHole, a very powerful and flexible virtual audio device with 128 channels.
• DOME and CUBE algorithms allow the use of any speaker design.
• STEREO and BINAURAL allow to listen in reduce mode at home.
• SpatGRIS3 is a recorder that allows recording the speaker outputs.
• New xml format to save projects and speaker setups.
• The Speaker Setup Edition has been optimized a lot.
• BINAURAL mode is far better than before.
• Better compatibility in the settings between ControlGRIS and SpatGRIS3.
• Software, manuals and patches are available in Files.
SpatGRIS3 and ControlGRIS have been developed by the Groupe de Recherche en Immersion Spatiale (GRIS) directed by Robert Normandeau and is based at the Faculty of Music at Université de Montréal.
- Independent from any audio server
- Compatibility with the newest MacOS, from 10.12 Sierra to 11.4 BigSur
- ProTools compatibility with the addition of the AAX format of ControlGRIS
- Windows version
- Complete manual is provided as well as a Quick Start Guide
- The speaker setup design is included within the software.
- Direct Outputs now have two functions: Independent or Spatialized.
- Stereo and Binaural can be assigned to any outputs of the sound card.
- BlackHole is included and provide 128 inputs X 128 outputs
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/spatgris3/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.