This is the Windows app named Strings Edit whose latest release can be downloaded as strings_3_7.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Strings Edit with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Strings edit is a library that provides I/O facilities for integers, floating-point numbers, Roman numerals, and strings. Both input and output subroutines support string pointers for consequent stream processing. The output can be aligned in a fixed size field with padding. Numeric input can be checked against expected values range to be either saturated or to raise an exception. For floating-point output either relative or absolute output precision can be specified. UTF-8 encoded strings are supported, including wildcard pattern matching, sets and maps of code points, upper/lowercase, and other Unicode categorizations.
- Sequential taking items from a string
- Sequential placing items into a string while formatting the item
- Roman numerals I/O
- Support annotation of scales with numbers represented in readable format
- UTF-8 support
- Ada 95, 2005, 2012 compliant
- UTF-8 sub- and superscript integer I/O
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/stringsedit/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.