This is the Windows app named subs2srs whose latest release can be downloaded as subs2srs_v29.7.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named subs2srs with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
subs2srs allows you to create import files for Anki or other Spaced Repetition Systems (SRS) based on your favorite foreign language movies and TV shows to aid in the language learning process. See http://subs2srs.sourceforge.net/ for more information.
- Simple: Just provide 1) subtitles from your target language, 2) (optional) subtitles from your native language, and 3) (optional) a video.
- Supported subtitles formats : .ass, .ssa, .srt, .lrc, .trs and .sub/.idx
- Most video formats are supported (uses ffmpeg).
- Intelligently matches subtitles from your native language with subtitles from your target language even when the subtitles timings are not perfectly synched.
- The multimedia Anki import file can include text, snapshots, audio clips, and video clips.
- Includes a convenient audio extraction and cutter tool so that you can listen to a show's audio track on the go using your mp3 player.
- Includes a tool to generate a single subtitle file that will show both a line of dialog from your native language and a line of dialog from your target language.
- Preview feature
- Many options: prune unwanted lines, modify timings, modify bitrates, etc.
- Batch processing
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/subs2srs/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.