This is the Windows app named Subtitle Editor whose latest release can be downloaded as SrtEditor-231OSX.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Subtitle Editor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Srt Editor is a small subtitle editing tool for OSX and Win64. You can edit the following file formats in various ways : SRT, SUB, TXT, SBV.
Last version : 2.3.1 (OSX) & 2.3.0 (Windows)
New since version 2.3.0 (2.3.1 is a bugfix version):
- More corrections when loading faulty SRT files, like more than 2 lines, too much space at the end, ....
- Also now we have support for 4 lines per subtitle : these 4 lines will be converted into 2 lines. 2 lines is the default standard for subtitles.
- The 'fix faulty files' section has been rewritten to correct more errors. There is a known bug to move the bottom line up to the upper line when the upper one is empty. I'm still looking why the program doesn't correct this.
- Correct FPS of selected subtitle lines
- Shift time of selected subtitle lines
- Edit subtitle lines : correct times, edit lines, add styles, format text case
- Linear correction of a supported file
- Import other supported files in the existing one.
- Save as SRT, SUB, CSV, TXT, SBV or WebVTT format
- Correct cue positions
- Correct faulty files in a text editor.
- Remove/correct hearing impaired lines.
- Translation mode
- Drag & drop files
- New : Fix subtile line errors like too much spaces, '...' at the beginning, ...
- New : Open SRT, SUB, TXT, SBV files.
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows), Cocoa (MacOS X)
Pascal, Object Pascal, Lazarus
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/srt-editor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.