This is the Windows app named SW Test Automation Framework whose latest release can be downloaded as STAF325-setup-win32.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SW Test Automation Framework with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SW Test Automation Framework
DESCRIPTIONThe Software Testing Automation Framework (STAF) is a framework designed to improve the level of reuse and automation in test cases and test environments. The goal of STAF is to provide a complete end-to-end automation solution for testers.
- STAF is an automation framework intended to make it easier to create and manage automated testcases and test environments.
- STAF is supported on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, z/OS, IBM i, FreeBSD
- STAF externalizes its capabilities through services. A service provides a focused set of functionality, such as Logging, Process Invocation, File Manipulation, Resource Pools, Semaphores, Events, etc.
- STAFProc is the process that runs on a machine, called a STAF Client, which accepts requests and routes them to the appropriate service. These requests may come from the local machine or from another STAF Client on a remote machine. Thus, STAF works in a peer environment.
- STAX is an execution engine for STAF which can help you thoroughly automate the distribution, execution, and results analysis of your testcases.
- STAX provides support for parallel execution, user-defined granularity of execution control, support for nested testcases, the ability to control the length of execution time, and the ability to monitor STAX jobs.
Developers, Quality Engineers, Other Audience
Non-interactive (Daemon), Command-line
Python, Perl, C++, C, Tcl, Java
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/staf/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.