This is the Windows app named SwitchHosts whose latest release can be downloaded as SwitchHostsv4.0.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SwitchHosts with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SwitchHosts is an App for hosts management & switching. It is a free and open source software. The IP, domain name and comments are displayed in different colors so that all kinds of information can be seen at a glance. Combine different solutions through multiple selection modes to complete the configuration of complex environments. The shortcut menu is displayed in the system tray menu, click to quickly view/switch hosts schemes. Supports local and remote schemes, can download from the network and automatically synchronize remote schemes at regular intervals. All local schemes can be easily exported and shared with other team members. Click on the line number, or use the shortcut Ctrl+/ (⌘+/ on macOS) to quickly toggle the comment state of a given line. It supports light mode and dark mode, which can be switched at will according to your preference.
- Syntax highlight and multiple selection
- Based on Electron , React, UmiJS , Chakra UI, CodeMirror, etc
- Tray window and remote hosts
- Export and import features
- Quick comment functions and dark mode
- Alfred support
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/switchhosts.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.