This is the Windows app named SymmetricDS whose latest release can be downloaded as symmetric-server-3.13.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SymmetricDS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SymmetricDS is database replication and file synchronization software. It is a platform-independent, web-enabled, and database-agnostic synchronization tool. With initial data load, bidirectional change data capture, conflict resolution, and data transformation, it is a comprehensive data replication solution.
- Database Independent - Supports: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, H2, IBM DB2, Firebird, Informix, Greenplum, and more
- Transaction Aware - Data updates are recorded and replayed with the same atomicity
- Guaranteed Delivery - Synchronized data is guaranteed to arrive at the target destination. If a synchronization fails, the same batch of data will be retried until it succeeds or manual intervention is taken. All other data synchronization is halted for the failed channel only.
- Conflict Management - Data conflicts can be detected and resolved
- Data Transformation - Data can be transformed to load into different structured tables
- Channels - Tables are grouped into independent channels with prioritization, quality of service, and threading
- Central Configuration - All configuration is downloaded from a central registration server
- Data Filtering - Allows for localized passwords and sensitive data filtering
- HTTP Transport - Leverages proven web technology for scalability
- Initial Data Load - Prepare the target database with an initial or partial load of data
- Communication Links - Push or Pull data to control communication and work across firewalls
- Efficient Data Protocol - A fast streaming data format that is easy to generate, parse, and load
- Active-Active - Use two-way, bidirectional, or active-active configuration to keep multiple databases in sync
- Primary Key Updates - Captures the "before" and "after" data being changed, allowing updates to primary key data
- Payload Compression - Optionally compresses data on transport
- Extendable API - Add customizations through extensions and plug-in points
- Auto Database Creation - Optionally allow creating and upgrading of database schema
- Multiple Deployment Options - Standalone engine, web application, embedded software component
- Embeddable - Small enough to embed or bootstrap within another application
- Remote Management - Administration through a Java Management Extensions (JMX) console or REST
- Remote Database Administration - SQL can be delivered and run at remote databases via the synchronization infrastructure
- Android Support - Independent client that works on Android
- File Synchronization - Sync files as well as data
Information Technology, System Administrators, Developers
HSQL, JDBC, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL (pgsql), IBM DB2, Sybase, SQLite, Other network-based DBMS, Firebird/InterBase, Microsoft SQL Server
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/symmetricds/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.