This is the Windows app named syslog-ng whose latest release can be downloaded as syslog-ng-3.34.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named syslog-ng with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
syslog-ng is the log management solution that improves the performance of your SIEM solution by reducing the amount and improving the quality of data feeding your SIEM. With syslog-ng Store Box, you can find the answer. Search billions of logs in seconds using full text queries with Boolean operators to pinpoint critical logs. syslog-ng Store Box provides secure, tamper-proof storage and custom reporting to demonstrate compliance. syslog-ng can deliver data from a wide variety of sources to Hadoop, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Kafka as well as many others. syslog-ng flexibly routes log data from X sources to Y destinations. Instead of deploying multiple agents on hosts, organizations can unify their log data collection and management. syslog-ng Store Box provides automated archiving, tamper-proof encrypted storage, granular access controls to protect log data. The largest appliance can store up to 10TB of raw logs.
- Better SIEM performance and higher quality data
- Distributed pre-processing and reliable log transfer
- SSL/TLS encryption to transfer and store logs in an encrypted log store
- Filter, parse, re-write and classify data on clients at unparalleled speeds
- Granular access control to log files to ensure log data is secure
- Search billions of logs in seconds using full text queries
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/syslog-ng.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.