This is the Windows app named SystemTrayMenu whose latest release can be downloaded as SystemTrayMenu-126.96.36.199.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SystemTrayMenu with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SystemTrayMenu is a free, open-source start menu alternative for Microsoft Windows and was published under the GNU General Public License.
It offers a clear, personalized menu in the system tray. Files, links and folders are organized in several levels as drop-down menus.
We are using C# and .Net Core 3.1
- very simple setup: select a folder on the PC which then serves as the basis for the menu
- can be opened via a freely configurable hotkey or by clicking on the Notification Area Icon and Taskbar Icon
- integrated search function
- can be operated completely with the keyboard
- touch compatible
- resolves shortcuts and network paths so that the full content is displayed
- stays open even if you lose focus of the menu to open several files one after the other
- option to launch automatically on PC startup
- dark mode
Advanced End Users, Developers, Testers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/systemtraymenu/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.