This is the Windows app named TerraForge3D whose latest release can be downloaded as TerraGen3D.Win32.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named TerraForge3D with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
What can this do?
Generte 3D Terrain Procedrally
Export Terrain mesh as OBJ
You can write and test your own shaders
An Inbuilt IDE for shaders
Test under different lighting
A 3D viewer
A Node based as well as Layer based workflow
Save the project(custom .terr3d files)
Hieght map visualizer in node editor
Customizable Geometry Shaders included in rendering pipeline
Multithreded Mesh Generation
Expected Goals for Version 3
Add a lot more Nodes
Export to heightmaps(both PNG and also custom format)
Node based procedural texture editing
Completely usable 3D procedural modelling and texturing pipeline
Fix as many bugs I can find
Things that may be added
Wren scripting to add custom algotrithms
Procedural grass and foliage
Fix more bugs!
- Generte 3D Terrain Procedrally
- Export Terrain mesh as OBJ
- You can write and test your own shaders
- An Inbuilt IDE for shaders
- Test under different lighting
- A 3D viewer
- A Node based as well as Layer based workflow
- Save the project(custom .terr3d files)
- Hieght map visualizer in node editor
- Wireframe mode
- Custom Lighiting
- Customizable Geometry Shaders included in rendering pipeline
- Multithreded Mesh Generation
- Lua Scriptable Nodes
Advanced End Users, Developers, Architects
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/terragen3d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.