This is the Windows app named Tesseract OCR whose latest release can be downloaded as 5.0.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Tesseract OCR with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Tesseract is an open source OCR or optical character recognition engine and command line program. OCR is a technology that allows for the recognition of text characters within a digital image. With the latest version of Tesseract, there is a greater focus on line recognition, however it still supports the legacy Tesseract OCR engine which recognizes character patterns.
Tesseract can recognize over 100 languages out-of-the-box, and can be trained to recognize other languages. It supports various output formats, including plain text, HTML, PDF and more. It also has unicode (UTF-8) support.
- OCR engine and command line program
- Line recognition and character pattern recognition
- Unicode (UTF-8) support
- Recognizes more than 100 languages, and can be trained to recognize others
- Supports various output formats
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/tesseract-ocr.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.