This is the Windows app named TestDisk PhotoRec whose latest release can be downloaded as TestDisk7.2Source.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named TestDisk PhotoRec with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
TestDisk checks the partition and boot sectors of your disks. It is very useful in recovering lost partitions.
It works with :
DOS/Windows FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32NTFS ( Windows NT/2K/XP )Linux Ext2 and Ext3BeFS ( BeOS )BSD disklabel ( FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD )CramFS (Compressed File System)HFS and HFS+, Hierarchical File SystemJFS, IBM's Journaled File SystemLinux RaidLinux Swap (versions 1 and 2)LVM and LVM2, Linux Logical Volume ManagerNetware NSSReiserFS 3.5, 3.6 and 4Sun Solaris i386 disklabelUFS and UFS2 (Sun/BSD/...)XFS, SGI's Journaled File System
PhotoRec is file data recovery software designed to recover lost pictures from digital camera memory or even Hard Disks. It has been extended to search also for non audio/video headers. It searches for
Sun/NeXT audio data (.au)RIFF audio/video (.avi/.wav)BMP bitmap (.bmp)bzip2 compressed data (.bz2)Source code written in C (.c)Canon Raw picture (.crw)Canon catalog (.ctg)FAT subdirectoryMicrosoft Office Document (.doc)Nikon ds
- Recover partitions
- Dump boot sectors
- Check disk geometry
- Intel partitions supported
- EFI GPT partitions supported
- XBOX partitions supported
- Files recovery
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/testdisk/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.