This is the Windows app named TRAK Enterprise Architecture Framework whose latest release can be downloaded as TRAK_Overall.pdf. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named TRAK Enterprise Architecture Framework with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
TRAK Enterprise Architecture Framework
TRAK is a general systems-thinkers'/system-centric enterprise architecture framework. It is simple, user-friendly, pragmatic and not limited to IT. TRAK has won an INCOSE award and is also a finalist in the 2011 IET innovation awards.
TRAK allows you to describe a system, its parts (which can include people, software, other systems and physical things) and how it relates to the residual world. It covers everything from the enterprise, concept, procurement of the solution, the introduction or withdrawal of the system from service to its assurance. It allows threats,risks and mitigation to be linked to the design.
TRAK is a derivative of MODAF but is based on ISO/IEC 42010 - the international standard for architecture description. There is a minimal process in which the architect selects the viewpoints (specifications for views) that address the task sponsor's concerns. It has rules that ensure that the description is consistent and also readable by the non technical audience. You
- simple, pragmatic, no nonsense, just "good enough" way of addressing typical concerns (not populating a data model)
- designed by systems engineers for others & based on need / typical application
- general TRAK introduction
- important ideas
- standards affecting TRAK
- choosing an architecture description language
- conformance/non-conformance with TRAK
- TRAK architecture perspectives
- use of colour in TRAK
- TRAK Bye Laws (consistency, user interface for views and architecture descriptions)
- TRAK minimal modelling process
- designed to be used with TRAK Viewpoints (http://trakviewpoints.sf.net) and TRAK Metamodel (http://trakmetamodel.sf.net) documents (also on Sourceforge)
- specification for implementation of TRAK architecture description elements in a tool or ADL
- mapping of architecture description language [ADL] (e.g. UML) to TRAK.
- mapping TRAK and TRAK-conforming Architecture Descriptions to ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010:2011
- Visio (Windows) stencil implementation - trakforvisio project https://sf.net/p/visiofortrak
- OmniGraffle (Mac, iOS) stencil implementation - trakomnigraffle project https://sf.net/p/trakomnigraffle
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect implementation - mdgfortrak project https://sf.net/p/mdgfortrak
- Bare UML profile implementation - trakumlprofile project https://sf.net/p/trakumlprofile
Aerospace, Government, Science/Research, Telecommunications Industry, End Users/Desktop, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/trak/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.