This is the Windows app named uSDR whose latest release can be downloaded as uSDR_0.1.3.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named uSDR with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
uSDR is a general purpose multimode software defined radio receiver Windows application. "u" (μ) means micro becuase of lightweight binaries distributive, simple and compact user interface, highly optimized DSP routines to minimize CPU usage. Compatible with RTL-SDR, AirSpy, BladeRF, HackRF, LimeSDR frontends. Able to perform input IQ streaming, base band and pass band recording, play back, demodulation, spectrum and waterfall visualization, animated spectrum navigation, fast zoom and pan. Tehe most of parameters (input frontend, audio device, sample rates ect.) may be changed on the fly, no application hang-up or restart. Under development and a lot of features comming soon.
- really lightweight binaries distributive
- no need any frameworks, service packs, runtime libraries
- high optimized DSP routines with FPU and SSE
- simple and intuitive user interface
- animated spectrum navigation, fast zoom and pan
- maximized spectrum workspace, auto hide toolbars
- suitable for small to huge screen resolutions
- basic SDR options: input IQ streaming, band recording, demodulation, spectrum and waterfall visualization
- change parameters (I/O devices, sample rates ect.) on the fly, no application hang-up
- keeps input IQ stream history
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/u-sdr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.