This is the Windows app named VaultSync whose latest release can be downloaded as Setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VaultSync with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
VaultSync keeps synchronised data backups from one or more computers in an encrypted vault that is locked with a password. It is optimised to operate on a flash or external drive with minimal installation but it can also work on a hosted storage system like Dropbox, One Drive or Google Drive.
It is really important that a backup is simple and fast to make. There is no point in having to decide what files are important or what has changed at the time of the backup, or having to manually remove unimportant files from a deep folder hierarchy after a backup. VaultSync solves that problem.
Give it a try and send a review whether you like it or not. It can't improve without feedback.
- Encryption is standard 256 bit AES.
- A single click to perform the backup once the synchronisation folders are set up.
- Only changed or new files and folders are synchronised with the vault . No need to keep track of changes, copy and paste, drag and drop or post copy clean up.
- Files or folders can be configured to be ignored for times when an important directoy is being synchronised that contains sub-folders or files that are not important.
- The source computer name is stored with the files so there are no name clashes between systems. Files and folders can be restored wherever is convenient and VaultSync provides options when extracting files on a different computer to that on which they originally resided.
- Files are anonomized so an attacker cannot discover their contents from their name.
- The password can be changed without having to re-encrypt the files.
System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vaultsync/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.