This is the Windows app named VB .NET PHYSX (PHYSICS) DX9 - Engine whose latest release can be downloaded as SlimDX9VBPhysx6_1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VB .NET PHYSX (PHYSICS) DX9 - Engine with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
VB .NET PHYSX (PHYSICS) DX9 - Engine
DESCRIPTIONVisual Basic .Net , Nvidia Physx (PHYSICS - ATI INTEL ETC. COMPATIBLE) , DirectX 9 (using SlimDX) 3D ENGINE/HELPER/WRAPPER
This project incorporates these technology into a simple Open Source Engine, allowing simple access to Nvidia PhysX library using DirectX 9 (VIA - SLIMDX) to render "Simulations/Games" ALL IN VB.NET -with- C# and other .NET language compatibility.
Visuals now include .X model loading with Animations and Skeletons (shaders) Level loading and AUTOMATIC object (mesh) type detection and classifying ALLOWING ONE .X MESH to be built with LIGHTS, AUTOMATIC CLOTHS, DOORS, DYNAMIC OBJECTS, TERRAIN MESHES AND DYNAMIC MESHES, CAMERAS, PORTALS, DUMMIES ETC... all by simple NAMING of objects then the LEVEL LOADER. (partial)
Script editor (coming soon) for final setting of Door (to and from portals), Camera , Animation , Physics Fine tuning and Custom shaped/breakable objects, light color and intensity modification with flickering and breakable lights, Inventory,etc
- Direct3d 9 Rendering via SlimDX
- Physx .NET + Helper module (working, but under construction)
- Vb. NET project BUT C# compatible (Some code was from a C# sample)
- .X 3d file loading with Animation, Skin,Texture, Cloths and full Hierarchy support
- Hierarchy Helper module (Clone 3d objects, separate Meshes, search object names)
- Under Construction - Script system with automatic level/mesh Physx loading
- Full Public Declared Helper modules (access Helpers and data anywhere)
- ADDED TEXTURES in (\bin\debug) used with a demo room plus many more textures
- LIGHTING/REALTIME SHADOWING (under construction)
- MULTI TEXTURE per object auto loading (Working), with Bump mapping (under construction)
- CLOTH AUTOMATIC LOADING - Set a object as cloth and automatic load & rendering with PHYSX (HLSL Lighting Working. Texturing not complete))
- AUTOMATIC classification of unlimited OBJECTS at loadtime
- PHYSX WITH CONTROL OF VISUALS loading WITH OPTION SWITCHES
- CHARACTER MODULE - Skinned mesh + Animation loading with Control & Physx (All Automatic)
- HIT REPORT / COLLISION CALLBACKS - Working, manual settings currently for SUB DELEGATE and reaction
- INPUT - DIRECT INPUT for Keyboard control NOW (multi button presses at a time)
- CHILD/PARENT PHYSX objects hierarchy allowing multiple Children per Parent with different collision shapes
- HLSL (High Level Shader Language) for all lighting Mesh,Skinned Mesh and Cloths NOW IMPLEMENTED!
- IN PROCESS - PREShaders being added to HLSL to dramatically speed up lighting rendering
- IN PROCESS - Fog and Real time Shadowing NEXT to be added to lighting engine
- AUTOMATIC LOADING and IMPLEMENTING OF CAMERAS with Targets, Free and Dolly options
Project is a 3D engine
Visual Basic .NET
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbphysxdx9/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.