This is the Windows app named VFS for Git whose latest release can be downloaded as Git-2.33.0.vfs.0.0-64-bit.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VFS for Git with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
VFS for Git
The Virtual Filesystem for Git (formerly GVFS) is an open source system that enables Git to operate at enterprise-scale. It makes using and managing massive Git repositories possible. VFS for Git virtualizes the filesystem beneath your Git repository so that Git tools see what appears to be a normal repository when, in fact, the files are not actually present on disk. VFS for Git only downloads files as they are needed. VFS for Git also manages Git's internal state so that it only considers the files you have accessed, instead of having to examine every file in the repository. This ensures that operations like status and checkout are as fast as possible. Git struggles to handle enterprise-scale repositories. Operations like cloning will slow to a crawl when you have millions of files in a repository, and even something as simple as getting your repository status will leave you waiting.
- Make massive repositories feel lightweight and fast
- VFS for Git was created by the Azure DevOps team at Microsoft
- With VFS for Git, developers using Git and Azure DevOps can stay productive
- VFS for Git is freely available and Open Source
- VFS for Git requires Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Build your own VFS for Git Windows installer
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vfs-for-git.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.