This is the Windows app named Vifm whose latest release can be downloaded as vifm-0.11.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Vifm with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Vifm is a file manager with curses interface, which provides Vim-like environment for managing objects within file systems, extended with some useful ideas from mutt. If you use Vim, vifm gives you complete keyboard control over your files without having to learn a new set of commands.
- Vim-like user mappings
- Vim-like command-line mode with ranges and abbreviations
- Vim-like marks and registers
- operation undoing/redoing/backgrounding
- directory tree comparison
- advanced file filtering and renaming capabilities
- remembering position in previously visited directories
- color schemes, which can also be applied to specific sub-trees
- file decorations customizable according to their type and/or name
- named bookmarks (tags)
- less-like preview mode with customizable viewers
- one or two panes view within tabs
- shell-like and external command-line editing
- table/grid/tree/miller views of files
- remote command execution
- GNU screen/tmux/FUSE integrations
- multi-block selection
- ability to script configuration for specific directories
- UTF-8 aware
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vifm/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.