This is the Windows app named VLC media player whose latest release can be downloaded as vlc-2.2.4.tar.xz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VLC media player with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
VLC media player
VLC is an open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework, which plays most multimedia files, DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. VLC media player is simple, fast, and powerful. It plays everything, files, discs, webcams, devices, and streams. VLC plays most codecs (MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3, etc.) so no codec packs are needed. It runs on all platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, etc. And VLC is hassle free with no spyware, no ads, and no user tracking.
- Simple, Powerful and Fast
- Plays everything, Files, Discs (DVD, CD, VCD, Blu-Ray), Webcams and Streams
- Plays most video formats with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, H.264, DivX, MPEG-4, MKV, WebM, WMV
- Works on most platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix...
- Completely Free, 0 Spyware, Ads or User Tracking
- Media Converter and Streamer
Information Technology, Telecommunications Industry, Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
Gnome, Win32 (MS Windows), KDE, Cocoa (MacOS X), Qt
C++, C, Objective C
French company founded by four members of the VideoLAN team (Brieuc Jeunhomme, Tristan Leteurtre, Damien Lucas and Alexis de Lattre - to know more about them, see the VideoLAN team page). Anevia sells professional video servers and provides development and integration of high quality video streaming solutions.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vlc/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.