This is the Windows app named WinDirStat: Windows Directory Statistics whose latest release can be downloaded as windirstat1_1_2-exe-unicode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named WinDirStat: Windows Directory Statistics with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
WinDirStat: Windows Directory Statistics
WinDirStat (Windows Directory Statistics) is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for Windows. On start up, WinDirStat reads the whole directory tree once and then presents it in three useful views:
- The directory list, which resembles the tree view of the Windows Explorer but is sorted by file/subtree size,
- The treemap, which shows the whole contents of the directory tree straight away,
- The extension list, which serves as a legend and shows statistics about the file types.
Visit the WinDirStat blog for more up-to-date information about the program.
Note: If you are looking for an alternative to WinDirStat for Linux, then you are looking for KDirStat (apt-get install kdirstat on Debian-derivatives), and the alternative to WinDirStat for MacOS X is Disk Inventory X or GrandPerspective.
- Directory list view
- Treemap view
- Extension list view
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/windirstat/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.