This is the Windows app named Xj3D whose latest release can be downloaded as xj3d-2.1-nps-win-linux-32-64-installer.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Xj3D with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Xj3D is a project of the Web3D Consortium focused on creating a toolkit for VRML97 and X3D content written completely in Java. Xj3D has been produced and is maintained by Web3D Consortium members.
Current status: active development with frequent updates. We have successfully ported the full codebase and history from the previous site to Sourceforge and are now following the Xj3D Evolution strategy. All open-source contributions are welcome.
Further details are available at https://savage.nps.edu/Savage/developers.html#Xj3D
- Open-source Java viewer and application codebase for X3D graphics scenes
- Utilize JOGL/JOAL/JOGAMP and Aviatrix3D/j3d render libraries
- Standalone X3D player for multiple operating systems
- Embedded viewer in multiple applications including X3D-Edit
Developers, End Users/Desktop
Project is a 3D engine
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xj3d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.