This is the Windows app named xmake whose latest release can be downloaded as xmake-dev.win64.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named xmake with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A cross-platform build utility based on Lua. Xmake is a lightweight, cross-platform build utility based on Lua. It is very lightweight and has no dependencies due to the integration of the Lua runtime. It uses xmake.lua to maintain project builds with a very simple and readable syntax. We can use it to build projects directly like Make/Ninja or generate project files like CMake/Meson. It also has a built-in package management system to help users integrate C/C++ dependencies. The official repository provides nearly 500+ packages with one-click compilation on all platforms. Full platform package support, support for cross-compiled dependent packages. Support package virtual environment using xrepo env shell. Support self-built package repositories and private repository deployment. Third-party package repository support for repositories such as: vcpkg, conan, conda, etc. Supports automatic pulling of remote toolchains.
- Simple, Fast and lightweight
- Modern C/C++ build tools
- Powerful dependency package integration
- A cross-platform build utility based on Lua
- Build as fast as ninja
- Precompiled package acceleration for Windows
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xmake.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.