This is the Windows app named XML Tree Editor whose latest release can be downloaded as XMLTreeEdit_x86_64_01035_setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named XML Tree Editor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
XML Tree Editor
XMLTreeEdit displays XML files as tree views and allows basic operations: adding, editting and deleting text nodes and their attributes.
The main goal is providing a simple tool to create/edit XML configuration files for users without knowledge of XML.
Built in Free Pascal Lazarus, which allows easy compilation for different target platforms.
Currently binary executables were produced and tested on Windows (XP, 7) and Ubuntu Linux (GTK2).
For developers: there are two units listed separately to support XML configuration files in your application:
XMLfile.pas - Lazarus/Free Pascal
uXMLConfig.pas - Delphi (2007..XE2)
- XMLFile - an independent unit to read/write XML-based configuration files, much like INIFile; available as a separate download
- No XML text displayed - all editing is made over tree view representation. Program logic maintains XML file integrity.
- Available commands for XML tags: Add, Edit, Delete, Rename, Move to another position on the tree, Copy to another position, Copy from separate "reference" XML document
- Available commands for Comments: Add, Edit and Delete.
- Text node is not separated from its container tag; it can contain virtually everything - supported features include multi-line editor, reading file name from file dialogue, loading content of text or binary file, reading RGB colour value from color dialogue.
- Search facilities, including search through text values.
- Second window with independent "reference" XML file; supported commands are Copy Name, Copy Text, Copy the node with all its children and attributes.
- Very customisable - the program has two XML configuration files.
- Supports language translation - the only tool required to make a new translation is XML Tree Editor itself.
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers
Gnome, Win32 (MS Windows), GTK+
Delphi/Kylix, Lazarus, Free Pascal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xmltreeeditor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.