This is the Windows app named Yggdrasill to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as Yggdrasill_0.4.0_Executable.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Yggdrasill to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Yggdrasill to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Yggdrasill is a 3D phylogenetic tree visualization software based on the Unity 5 engine. Intended for educational and scientific purposes this demonstration release allows to display and explore evolutionary relationships between different terrestrial vertebrate species.
Currently available features include procedural tree generation of evolutionary data provided by the Tree of Life (ToL) Web Project (http://tolweb.org/tree/), full three dimensional camera controls as well as a web search, an extinct species overlay and more.
Later updates will include the full ToL dataset, improve tree generation and overall accessability, as well as adding access to other datasets.
Special thanks go to the Tree of Life Web Project and all its contributors for providing the data and to Unity Technologies for free access to Unity 5.
- Phylogenetic tree visualization
- 3D tree generation
- Species selection and web search
- Extinction information
Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop
.NET/Mono, Project is a 3D engine
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/yggdrasill-evo/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.