This is the Windows app named ZDT whose latest release can be downloaded as net.sourceforge.zdt.flashcard_1.0.1.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ZDT with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The ZDT (Zhongwen Development Tool) is written in Java using the Eclipse RCP to help users study mandarin Chinese. The most important feature is the flashcard study feature.
ZDT currently contains:
* a Flashcard plugin for memorizing Chinese characters, their meaning and their pinyin/pronunciation. The user is able to import Character lists or enter them manually. This
* a Dictionary search plugin with three dictionaries: ADSO, CeDict, HanDeDict. The HanDeDict is a German dictionary. It is also possible to search any word lists entered by the user using the flashcard plugin.
* an Annotator plugin. The Annotator converts the Chinese characters into pinyin, using the Alphabet with accents.
On the ZDT website, flashcard lists are available for some commonly used books, such as Hanyu Jiaocheng (汉语教程).
User discussion can be found on: http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/forum/35-zdt-flashcards-forum/
You also may choose to use Tickets -> Support (see above).
- Study Mandarin Vocabulary using Flashcards, repeating the cards you forgot
- Transcribe Chinese Characters into pinyin (Roman script) using the Annotator
- Find common translations in the dictionary and use them in the flashcards
- Search in your Flashcards using the dictionary 'user'
- Import word-lists of student books common in China easily, such as Hanyu Jiaocheng
Education, Developers, End Users/Desktop
Java SWT, Eclipse
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/zdt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.