This is the Windows app named Open-School Community Edition whose latest release can be downloaded as osv2.3-CE.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Open-School Community Edition with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Open-School Community Edition
Open-School is a comprehensive web-based Student Information System or School Management Software. It is designed for better interaction between students, teachers, parents & school Administration.
For a live demo of the Premium version (Pricing starts at $499) go to: http://openschoolhosted.com
Open-School is a Web-Application, so there are two places you could install Open-School.
1) A Cloud Server
(Can be accessed from anywhere in the world)
2) Local Server/Computer
(Can be accessed from the LAN network)
To install on a local computer you will need to set up a local server with Apache, PHP or MySQL . Download and install the below servers based on your operating system
WAMP (For Windows users) : http://www.wampserver.com/en/
MAMP (For Mac users) : https://www.mamp.info/en/downloads/
XAMPP (For all platforms) : https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html
Have questions, please visit our Help Page:
- Manage student Enrollment with customizable fields
- Manage Students, Teachers and Parents Information
- Create and Manage Courses, Semesters and Batches
- Create and Manage Academic Years and Student Promotions
- Manage Student and Teacher Attendance
- Manage Student and Teacher Logs
- Create and Manage School Events
Information Technology, Education, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers, Management
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/php-open-school/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.