This is the Linux app named Advanced Power Manager for Synology NAS whose latest release can be downloaded as advpowermgr-4.2.spk. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Advanced Power Manager for Synology NAS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Advanced Power Manager for Synology NAS
A powerful power management application subsuming Synology Diskstation's integrated one and enabling the administrator to perform automatic on-demand power up and shut down of the Diskstation, based on simple rules.
It also enables to derogate to a program, typically by allowing hibernation to occur (typically used when leaving home for the vacations), suspend the current schedule until told you (typically used when performing administration tasks), but also shut down the Diskstation conditionally, typically once network or disk activity are below a given threshold (typically used when streaming videos or music to a TV or performing a backup to an external disk).
You may install this software using DSM's Package Center (3rd Party provider http://www.cphub.net/).
- Flexible and fully customizable schedule over a year
- Shutdown on network or disk inactivity option (very useful when downloading/streaming)
- Shutdown on host or connection disappearance option (very useful when streaming to TV)
- Hibernation (derogates to the schedule until a given date, very useful for vacations)
- Suspend (suspends the schedule until manual shutdown of the NAS)
- Delayed shutdown option
- User interface available natively in english, french, german and dutch
- Self-translatable user interface to any language
- Hardened security of user interface and backend interaction
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/advpowermgr4ds/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.