This is the Linux app named BioEvent whose latest release can be downloaded as bioevent-v0.01-all.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BioEvent with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This is a Java-based project for complex event extraction from text and co-reference resolution. Currently the code can read BioNLP shared task format (http://2011.bionlp-st.org/) and i2b2 Natural Language Processing for Clinical Data shared task format (https://www.i2b2.org/NLP/DataSets/Main.php). Event extraction includes finding events and the parameters for an event in a text.
The method is based on SVM but other ML algorithms can be adopted. The method details are explained in the following paper:
Ehsan Emadzadeh, Azadeh Nikfarjam, and Graciela Gonzalez. 2011. Double Layered Learning for Biological Event Extraction from Text. In Proceedings of the BioNLP 2011 Workshop Companion Volume for Shared Task, Portland, Oregon, June. Association for Computational Linguistic
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bioevent/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.