This is the command as-describe-scaling-activities that can be run in the OnWorks free hosting provider using one of our multiple free online workstations such as Ubuntu Online, Fedora Online, Windows online emulator or MAC OS online emulator
as-describe-scaling-activities - Describes a set of activit...ties
belonging to a group.
[ActivityIds [ActivityIds ...] ] [--auto-scaling-group value ]
[--max-records value ] [General Options]
Describes a set of activities or all activities belonging to a
most number of activities described will be the value specified in max
Optional list of activities to be described.
this list is omitted, all activities are described.
The list of requested activities cannot contain more than 50 items.
If an Auto Scaling group name is provided, the
are limited to that group. If unknown
are requested, they are ignored with no error.
-g, --auto-scaling-group VALUE
Optional. Name of an Auto Scaling group by which to filter the
Maximum number of activities that will be described with each call
(default = 20, max = 50).
Location of the file with your AWS credentials. This value can be
using the environment variable 'AWS_CREDENTIAL_FILE'.
-C, --ec2-cert-file-path VALUE
Path to the file holding the X.509 certificate. This value can be
using the environment variable 'EC2_CERT'.
Connection timeout (in seconds). The default value is '30'.
The delimiter to use when displaying delimited (long) results.
For displaying tabular or delimited results, it includes the column
headers. For displaying XML results, it returns the HTTP headers
service request, if applicable. This is off by default.
-I, --access-key-id VALUE
The AWS access ID to use.
-K, --ec2-private-key-file-path VALUE
Path to the file holding the X.509 private key. This value can be
using the environment variable 'EC2_PRIVATE_KEY'.
Amazon EC2 region to use. This value can be set by using the
-S, --secret-key VALUE
The AWS Secret Key to use.
Shows empty fields and rows, using a (nil) value. The default is to
show empty fields or columns.
Displays the URL the tools used to call the AWS Service. The
value is 'false'.
--show-table, --show-long, --show-xml, --quiet
The way in which the results are displayed: tabular, delimited
XML or no output (quiet). Tabular shows a subset of the data in
column-width form, while long shows all of the returned values
by a character, XML is the raw return from the service and quiet
suppresses all standard output. The default is tabular, or
-U, --url VALUE
This option will override the URL for the service call with VALUE.
value can be set by using the environment variable
Describe all activities.
$PROMPT> as-describe-scaling-activities -g test-group-1 --max-records
50 --token token-1
This command returns a table that contains the following:
* ACTIVITY-ID - Id of the scaling activity.
* END-TIME - Activity's end time.
* GROUP-NAME - Name of the Auto Scaling group to which this activity
* CODE - Status code of the activity.
* MESSAGE - Message associated with the acitivity's latest event
* CAUSE - Activity cause. This column appears only in the --show-long
* PROGRESS - Progress rate of the activity (long). This column appears
in the --show-long view.
* DESCRIPTION - Activity description (long). This column appears only
* UPDATE-TIME - No description available for this column. This column
appears only in the --show-long view.
* START-TIME - Activity's start time (long). This column appears only
* ACTIVITY-STEP-NAME - Name of the ActivityStep config associated with
* ACTIVITY-STEP-TYPE - Type of the ActivityStep. This column appears
the --show-long view.
* ACTIVITY-STEP-STATUS - Status of the ActivityStep.
* SCHEDULED-TIME - Time AutoScaling scheduled this ActivityStep.
* START-TIME - Time when user polled this ActivityStep.
* END-TIME - Time when user completed this ActivityStep or the
This is an example of the output of this command.
Use as-describe-scaling-activities online using onworks.net services