This is the Linux app named Aestel whose latest release can be downloaded as Aestel_Bin_20120226.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Aestel with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
"Information is data in action", and, consequently, having good quality data is essential. The AESTEL package contains two highly configurable applications for data management: A data loader and a reporting application, i.e. DataLoader and AEREA, respectively. The data loader application applies user-defined instructions to validate, process and load data. The reporting application provides a query builder and spreadsheet template designer. Both applications work with any relational data model. (Postgres and Oracle have been tested). The two applications have been initially developed for small molecule drug discovery research. However, they can be extended for use in other data domains.
- Xml-based configuration for customized data validation and loading
- Run from command line or call from within a graphical application
- Example applications for loading assay data, see J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 2004, 44, 964-975
- Graph-based representation of the relational datamodel (see J. Chem. Inf. Model. 2005, 45, 863-869)
- Interfaces to integrate external chemical search engine, molecule editiors, and command line programs
- APIs to create text and check box column for input data in the table reports
- APIs to create column with links to other websites
- Example application for tracking compound ideas, see http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ci2003297
Oracle, PostgreSQL (pgsql)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/aestel/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.