This is the Linux app named ALSA MIDI Filter (AMF) whose latest release can be downloaded as midifilter-v1.0.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ALSA MIDI Filter (AMF) with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ALSA MIDI Filter (AMF)
The ALSA MIDI filter application runs as an ALSA MIDI client that can receive input from a source (such as a sound card hooked up to a MIDI keyboard), perform various filtering and other functionality based on the type and content of the MIDI input, and send the result to one or more other MIDI clients.
- program-change - From note event where patch number is determined by the pitch value.
- bank-select - switch to the next/previous bank.
- transpositions - Transpose pitches within a certain configured range up or down by a specified number of half steps.
- External commands.
- Real-time START, STOP, and CONTINUE messages.
- MIDI machine control messages.
- Trigger a mode (which I call "program-change sample mode") in which midifilter cycles through the entire range of patches, with a pause in between each patch. In other words, it sends patch 0, pauses for a configured number of seconds, sends patch 1, etc., until it has reached patch 127. This allows the user to try out - "sample" - each patch of the current bank without having to explicitly invoke a program change.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/midifilter/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.