This is the Linux app named Alt-F whose latest release can be downloaded as README-1.0.txt. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Alt-F with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Alt-F provides a free and open source alternative firmware for the DLINK DNS-320/320L/321/323/325/327L and DNR-322L.
Alt-F has Samba and NFS; supports ext2/3/4, VFAT, NTFS, BTRFS; RAID 0, 1, 5 (with external USB disk) and JBOD; supports up to 8TB disks; rsync, ftp, sftp, ftps, ssh, lpd, DNS and DHCP servers, DDNS, fan and leds control, clean power up and down... and more.
Alt-F also has a set of comprehensive administering web pages, you don't need to use the command line to configure it.
Besides the built-in software, Alt-F also supports additional packages on disk, including ffp and Entware packages, that you can install, update and uninstall using the administering web pages
Alt-F is being developed and tested on a DNS-323-rev-A1/B1, a DNS325-rev-A1, a DNS-320L-rev-A1 and on a DNS-327L-rev-A1 hardware boards. Other models and boards are said to work.
Support Forum: http://groups.google.com/group/alt-f
Information Technology, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.