This is the Linux app named AsyncWcfLib whose latest release can be downloaded as AsyncWcfLib-V3.1.4.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AsyncWcfLib with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Note: There is a successor of AsyncWcfLib: https://github.com/steforster/Remact.Net
AsyncWcfLib is a software library for distributed computing based on Microsoft WCF.
AsyncWcfLib is a lightweight message bus bridging Windows and Linux by using the .NET Framework or Mono.
It supports callback based asynchrony as well as the new async-await pattern available in .NET 4.5.
AsyncWcfLib supports threadsafety through an actor based programming model.
Actors are loosly coupled system units interacting by passing messages.
Message objects are passed inside a process between actors running on different threads.
Also, messages may be passed between actors running on different processes, hosts and operating systems.
The library is designed for configuration free, asynchronous messaging.
A router application is included. It discovers actors by their name on any linked host, even
when host name resolution is not possible because of routing- or operating system limitations.
- Asynchronous communication using WCF and async-await (Visual Studio 2012).
- Lightweight message bus bridging Windows and Linux based hosts.
- Threadsafety through actor based programming model.
- Application internal and external message passing.
- No config files. Service discovery by name.
- Forward/backward compatible, tolerant message versioning.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/asyncwcflib/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.