This is the Linux app named Automated_Quiz whose latest release can be downloaded as quiz_1.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Automated_Quiz with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Please download the above zip file and extract it to a secret folder and run the quiz.sh script from that folder in your terminal program, as shown in the youtube videos : https://youtu.be/kQi0XlIaT9M and https://youtu.be/prwKN5DiFp0 You may change the contents of the quiz.txt file to your liking, while maintaining the format of it.
Note: Press Enter/Return key after typing on your Terminal, to proceed to the next step, while testing the quiz.sh script. Also, increase the terminal font size to the desired level, before using the script, to view in bigger mode. Google search for linux / cygwin / mac terminal font size to know more about it.
LATEST UPDATE : The quiz.sh script is updated now to perform for the whole class of students and log the results into the Students_Score.txt file.
Also see this collection of bash scripts : https://sourceforge.net/projects/bash-shell-scripting-in-minute/ and this script : https://sourceforge.net/projects/command-output-to-html-table/
- If you are a Windows User, then you can download and install cygwin from : https://www.cygwin.com to run Shell Scripts. Note : No need to select anything special on the CYGWIN package selection screen, in its SETUP. Also, after setup is completed, include the Cygwin Binary directory (bin) in the PATH environment variable. Suppose that your Cygwin is installed in the directory "c:\cygwin". From "Control Panel" ⇒ (Optional) System and Security ⇒ System ⇒ Advanced System Settings ⇒ "Advanced" tab ⇒ Environment Variables ⇒ System Variables ⇒ Select variable named "PATH" ⇒ Edit ⇒ Add "c:\cygwin\bin;" in front of the existing PATH entry. Note that the semi-colon serves as the directory separator to separate Cygwin from the rest of directory paths. Now start Cygwin Terminal from Desktop and change directory to the zip extracted folder (Refer: https://superuser.com/questions/1286119/how-to-open-desktop-directory-from-cygwin)and execute the Shell script, as shown in my video.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/automated-quiz/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.