This is the Linux app named AvRtos whose latest release can be downloaded as AvRtos_V2.0.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named AvRtos with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONAvRtos is a small, preemtive, priority based real time operating system for Atmel AVR and ARM microcontrollers.
It was written in C.
AvRtos provides message queues and semaphores for task synchronization. It uses a static memory allocation scheme.
AvRtos is nearly the smallest RTOS out there. Even pico]OS is much bigger.
AvRtos can be compiled using gcc compiler. There is a AvrStudio 4 and Eclipse project file to get the example code working very quickly.
- Small footprint
- Preemtive multitasking
- Needs only 1 kByte of flash memory for code
- Needs only 11 Byte RAM for one task control block
- Needs only 5 Byte RAM for one semaphore control block
- Needs only 13 Byte RAM for one queue control block
- Semaphores for task synchronization
- Queues for task synchronization
- AVR, ARM-Cortex-M3 and ARM-Cortex-M4
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/avrtos/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.