This is the Linux app named Baikal for Synology whose latest release can be downloaded as baikal-0.2.7-002.spk. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Baikal for Synology with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Baikal for Synology
Store your contacts and calendars on your own Synology NAS, away from the inquisitive eyes of Google, NSA and others.
Baïkal itself is an already existing, lightweight CardDAV (contacts) and CalDAV (calendar) server.
The source code is public, and available to everyone on GitHub. Baïkal is copyright (c) 2013 by Jérôme Schneider, the homepage is http://baikal-server.com.
This SPK package for Synology integrates the Baïkal "flat package", making it easy to install Baïkal on your Synology NAS. The package and manual were made by Erik "Basalt".
=> PDF manual can be downloaded here in the [Files] section, highly recommended <=
If you like Baïkal, please consider making a small donation to the developer Jerome Schneider.
German Synology Forum (writing English is fine):
- Baïkal CardDAV server for Contacts
- Baïkal CalDAV server for Calendars
- Lightweight, 2 MB code base, just wat you need: nothing more, nothing less.
- Install, upgrade and uninstall using DSM Package Center
- Baïkal icon in the DSM Start Menu for the Baïkal Web Admin configuration tool
- Unlock the Web Admin using DSM Package Center (stop/run)
- Your choice: use SQLite or MySQL to store contacts/calendar data
- Suitable for DSM 4 and DSM 5
- Written in PHP and shell scripts, should run on any Synology NAS ("no architecture")
- The base version number of this package (x.y.z) is equal to the Baïkal version
- Comprehensive manual (PDF file), also covering the Client side configuration
- Manual based DSM 5, old version available for DSM 4
Unix Shell, PHP
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/baikalforsynology/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.