This is the Linux app named BattleShip whose latest release can be downloaded as BattleShip_v20_Source.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BattleShip with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The BattleShip was developed using Java. It is an online game where one user has to sink the other user’s ships. The game uses Server-Client structure, each user has a map where he needs to allocate his ships and one map where he will choose where to shoot to try to hit his enemy’s ships. The one who hit all opponent’s ships first, wins the game. The ships allocation can be manually or automatic (random position) and there is also a chat implemented where one user can talk to his opponent.
Battleship v2.0 has now single player mode. The user can play against the computer.
- Two players
- Single Player (against computer) on v2.0
Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/battleshipp/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.