This is the Linux app named Behaviour Control Framework whose latest release can be downloaded as BehaviourControlFrameworkv1.0.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Behaviour Control Framework with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Behaviour Control Framework
The Behaviour Control Framework is a generic platform-independent C++ framework that implements a control architecture consisting of a hierarchical network of behaviour layers. These layers each contain behaviours that can inhibit one another and interact to achieve control. A full discussion of the structure and ideas behind this framework can be found in the Doxygen documentation that comes with the release. This documentation is well worth a read before you decide if the library is for you!
The structure and implementation of this library focuses on the application of the inhibition-based behaviour control architecture to real-time control loops, but can reasonably be adapted for a wide variety of other artificial intelligence applications. Emphasis has been placed on having very low overhead so as not to hurt overall system performance, while still maintaining ease of use.
I welcome all feedback, suggestions and bug reports!
- Small and highly efficient performance-oriented cross-platform C++ library
- Independent code with few external dependencies
- Can be used to implement behaviour control code in the form of a hierarchically layered behaviour-based control architecture
- Tried and tested by the author on various robotic platforms
- Documented using the Doxygen documentation generation tool, including code samples and a discussion of all usage caveats
- Well-commented library source code to allow easy modification/extension by users (who are encouraged to submit improvements/bug fixes to the author, so that the library can be improved!)
- Academic paper on the framework: Hierarchical and State-based Architectures for Robot Behavior Planning and Control, published in Proceedings of 8th Workshop on Humanoid Soccer Robots @ Humanoids 2013
Information Technology, Science/Research, Developers, Other Audience, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/behaviourcontrol/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.