This is the Linux app named Bias :: Versatile Information Manager whose latest release can be downloaded as bias.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Bias :: Versatile Information Manager with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Bias :: Versatile Information Manager
Bias is a cross-platform versatile information management application / Organizer
- open source — project code is available to everyone interested, meaning independent developers can get involved into add-ons development process
- cross-platform — application runs under any modern OS, having Java Runtime Environment installed: Linux, Mac OS, Windows, Solaris etc.
- portable — application’s workspace is not coupled to OS and is stored in single directory; thus, application can be easily stored on USB-drive and user can work with it (same data) in any place (home, at work, in the internet-cafe) on any PC available (independently from OS)
- secure — data user works with are password-protected and encrypted/decrypted “on the fly” (this is implemented on core level, so does not depend on certain extension and data type), meaning even if USB-flash-drive will be lost and unauthorized person will get access to it, data still remain unavailable for him; same applies to network-transferred data (even if data will be interceptd - it remain encrypted)
- extensible — application’s functionality is extended via 3rd-party addons: extensions (“bricks” which are used to biuld full data structure), tools (like search, statistics, etc.), transferrers (data transfer protocols support, like FTP, SMB and so on), icon sets and skins (aka “themes”) — special addon type, that allows to modify application’s look and feel; different application functional “effects” are attained by different addons combining
- flexible — application’s “skeleton” allows to create hierarchical data structures with any nesting level, thus giving to user full freedom in workspace organization; another quite handy function supported is: different data entries can be linked to each other (for example, this may look like a link in text of one entry by clicking on which redirection to another entry is performed)
- usable — Bias is designed to be as comfortable to work with as possible: when application is started it’s state, saved on previous session shutdown is restored: main window (independently from PC used, OS and screen resolution) restores it’s position on the screen, entry user was working with last time activates and so on
Information Technology, Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bias/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.