This is the Linux app named Birdseye whose latest release can be downloaded as birdseye.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Birdseye with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Birdseye is an interface for Nagios. It provides a clear overview of problems with hosts and services. Detailed installation info can be found here:
- When hosts change state to critical or services change state to critical, warning or unknown, the name of this host or service will be shown on screen. The background color of the name specifies if the problem is of type critical, warning or unknown. New notifications are displayed in a pop up.
- The lower half of the screen is used to show some extra info about Nagios: whether Nagios and the Ndo2db plug-in are running, number of hosts and services, host and service health...
- At the bottom of the interface there are two tickers. The top ticker shows plugin output of critical services, the bottom ticker shows output of warning services.
- Refresh rate and ticker speed can be changed.
- Application automatically refreshes if Nagios is reloaded/restarted.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nagiosbirdseye/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.