This is the Linux app named Blender Auto Update Bash Script whose latest release can be downloaded as BlenderUpdateShellScript.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Blender Auto Update Bash Script with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Blender Auto Update Bash Script
Tested on Ubuntu this script goes out and grabs you a new blender build and puts in in $HOME/Blender Builds/Bleeding Edge. Defaults to gooseberry branch.
Look at the defines at the top for tweekability.
IMPORTANT: You must have wget installed first
To install, in a terminal type:
sudo apt-get install wget
extract: Upgrade Blender.sh to a directory
open up the file in your text editor to tweak options. See inside the file for more info on that.
Most distros you can dbl click and select open in terminal.
Or manually in a terminal:
SUDO access is not required...
sh <path to file>
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bashupdateblender/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.