This is the Linux app named Book2m4b whose latest release can be downloaded as book2m4b-0.2beta-2.deb. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Book2m4b with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This is a Linux project that acts as a front end to cdparanoia, sox, and ffmpeg with the hope of making it incredibly simple to rip many audiobook cds into one mono, audiobook (m4b) format file for use in audio players capable of playing audiobooks.
- Easy to use graphic interphase
- Rips audiobooks to Audible book format
- Ability to do quick ripping when highest quality error correction not needed
- Planning mp3 support at some point, sooner if people report enough interest
- If there is interest, may consider allowing for a stereo option at the expense of double the file size
- Works as is, but under heavy development to allow saving of a current project allowing one to come back to it later rather than having to burn all in one session
- Command line scripts also included for those comfortable with that environment
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/book2m4b/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.