This is the Linux app named CadQuery whose latest release can be downloaded as CadQuery2.2.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CadQuery with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CadQuery is an intuitive, easy-to-use Python library for building parametric 3D CAD models. It has several goals. Build models with scripts that are as close as possible to how you’d describe the object to a human, using a standard, already established programming language. Create parametric models that can be very easily customized by end users. Output high-quality CAD formats like STEP and AMF in addition to traditional STL. Provide a non-proprietary, plain text model format that can be edited and executed with only a web browser. The scripts use a standard programming language, Python, and thus can benefit from the associated infrastructure. This includes many standard libraries and IDEs. CadQuery's CAD kernel Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT) is much more powerful than the CGAL used by OpenSCAD. Features supported natively by OCCT include NURBS, splines, surface sewing, STL repair, STEP import/export, and other complex operations.
- Build 3D models with scripts that are as close as possible to how you would describe the object to a human
- Create parametric models that can be very easily customized by end users
- Output high quality (loss-less) CAD formats like STEP and DXF in addition to STL, VRML and AMF
- Provide a non-proprietary, plain text model format that can be edited and executed with only a web browser
- Offer advanced modeling capabilities such as fillets, curvilinear extrudes, parametric curves and lofts
- Build nested assemblies out of individual parts and other assemblies
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cadquery.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.