This is the Linux app named CBRIEF for JED whose latest release can be downloaded as cbrief-for-jed-1.0.4.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CBRIEF for JED with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
CBRIEF for JED
DESCRIPTIONJED (http://jedsoft.org/jed/) is a text editor by John E. Davis. It is an ancient emacs clone but has very good engine and uses SLang instead of Lisp.
BRIEF was a powerful programmers text editor released first by Underwear (1986-1988) and later (1991/1992) by Borland.
This project is a BRIEF v3.1 Emulation (with patches) For JED.
The original CBRIEF manual can be found at archive.org:
I was always used BRIEF compatible editors. When I moved to linux, first I patched jove (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JOVE), jove did the work for long time but jove does not support UTF8, so the last few years I use JED.
I suggest to see this project before continue http://grief.sourceforge.net and this https://github.com/nereusx/grief-fix
It should work on windows too, but I have no windows any more and I cant support it.
More on wiki
- BRIEF v3.1 keys
- Nicer interface and colors
- BRIEF v3.1 macros
Advanced End Users, Developers
X Window System (X11), Console/Terminal, Curses/Ncurses
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbrief-for-jed/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.