This is the Linux app named cbrTekStraktor whose latest release can be downloaded as cbrTekStraktor-master-20170612.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named cbrTekStraktor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
cbrTekStraktor is an application to automatically extract text from the text bubbles or speech balloons present in comic book reader files (CBR). Its prime goal is to perform analysis on the texts of comic books. cbrTekStraktor can however also be used for scanlation or similar purposes.
The application also enables to manually define text areas in CBR files. The application comprises a simple graphical editor for further processing the extracted text.
The text extraction is achieved by a combination of statistical and graphical processing operations. It is based on the following 3 major algorithms
- Binarization of color images (Niblak and other methods)
- Connected components
- K-Means clustering
Apache Tesseract is used to perform Optical Character Recognition on the extracted text.
A subsequent version of the application will integrate with translation software in order to provide automated translation of comic book texts and re-inserion of translated texts
- image processing
- text extraction
- comic book
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbrtekstraktor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.