This is the Linux app named chatroom encryption support AES 128 bits whose latest release can be downloaded as chatroom_source_v3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named chatroom encryption support AES 128 bits with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
chatroom encryption support AES 128 bits
This is a chat system composed of a TCP/IP server daemon and its corresponding java client. You can chat with other peers in clear text or AES password-based encryption on your own computer network.
The AES encryption and decryption is based on 128 bit key which is reached by padding the resulting SHA256 from your provided password. Simply put, SHA is a checksum that change when a single bit change. When you send a message with a password field, the resulting password checksum is cut at 128 bit which means 16 characters bytes KEY is entered into AES 128 bit encryption and decryption scheme. The resulting ciphertext is sent to the server while the server relay it to the connected peers. Those connected peers need to have the same password in order to read the message.
The server is a multiplex and stand alone detached (no controlling terminal) process on the background that does nothing but to relay messages.
- Client Program support 128 bit AES password based encryption.
- Stand Alone Server Daemon is a detached process you can let run on your server host.
- Server is designed and programmed for Unix/Linux in C since this is POSIX.
- Client is portable since is wrote on Java SE 8 (Standard Edition).
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/chatroomsourceaessupport/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.