This is the Linux app named Chez Scheme whose latest release can be downloaded as ChezScheme9.5.6.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Chez Scheme with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Chez Scheme is both a programming language and an implementation of that language, with supporting tools and documentation. As a superset of the language described in the Revised6 Report on the Algorithmic Language Scheme (R6RS), Chez Scheme supports all standard features of Scheme, including first-class procedures, proper treatment of tail calls, continuations, user-defined records, libraries, exceptions, and hygienic macro expansion. The Chez Scheme implementation consists of a compiler, run-time system, and programming environment. Although an interpreter is available, all code is compiled by default. Source code is compiled on-the-fly when loaded from a source file or entered via the shell. A source file can also be precompiled into a stored binary form and automatically recompiled when its dependencies change. Whether compiling on the fly or precompiling, the compiler produces optimized machine code, with some optimization across separately compiled library boundaries.
- Chez Scheme includes extensive support for interfacing with C and other languages
- Support for multiple threads possibly running on multiple cores
- Non-blocking I/O
- The run-time system interfaces with the operating system
- Supports binary and textual (Unicode) I/O
- Automatic storage management (dynamic memory allocation and generational garbage collection)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/chez-scheme.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.