This is the Linux app named ChumbOS Launcher whose latest release can be downloaded as ChumbOS-BIN-v0.99.58a.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ChumbOS Launcher with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ChumbOS Launcher is a native C application that is designed to break the shackles of the Chumby, so that not only flash applications can take
advantage of the cute little colour screen, touchscreen input, rotary encoder and it's majestic Chumby Button.
By the way, not that it had too many shackles, don't get me wrong, but the limitation of using only flash widgets on a device having the horse power of a 450MHz full blown computer, seems to me, a bit of a waste and just a bit annoying.
So, what does this application do? It enables you to design a simple Graphical User Interface (GUI) which can start and stop other applications
on the Chumby.
- Start/Stop applications on the Chumby without SSH access
- Interfaces with touchscreen, Chumby button, rotary encoder, backlight
- Customizable GUI layout
- Multithreaded message passing/handling
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/chumboslauncher/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.