This is the Linux app named Citus whose latest release can be downloaded as v11.0.7.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Citus with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Citus is a PostgreSQL extension that transforms Postgres into a distributed database, so you can achieve high performance at any scale. With Citus, you extend your PostgreSQL database with new superpowers. Distributed tables are sharded across a cluster of PostgreSQL nodes to combine their CPU, memory, storage and I/O capacity. References tables are replicated to all nodes for joins and foreign keys from distributed tables and maximum read performance. Distributed query engine routes and parallelizes SELECT, DML, and other operations on distributed tables across the cluster. Columnar storage compresses data, speeds up scans, and supports fast projections, both on regular and distributed tables. You can use these Citus superpowers to make your Postgres database scale-out ready on a single Citus node.
- Build a large cluster capable of handling high transaction throughputs
- Run fast analytical queries
- Process large amounts of time series or IoT data for real-time analytics
- You can easily add more worker nodes to the cluster and rebalance the shards
- Since Citus is an extension to Postgres, you can use Citus with the latest Postgres versions
- Citus works seamlessly with the PostgreSQL tools and extensions you are already familiar with
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/citus.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.